Sunday 23 December 2018

December 23rd Update

Not too much to update you on this week! It was a busy week in 3C! The students are really excited to share their Christmas gift with you! They put in hours of hard work and it shows...they turned out amazing! I hope you enjoy it when you see it on Christmas morning!

The students also came home with a gift from myself and Mrs. Dewar. Each year, I have the students paint a picture frame for themselves but I don't tell them what it is for. I just tell them that it's for them and it's a surprise. Instead of buying the students some fancy pencils and erasers or a book for Christmas, each year I renew our adoption of Malkia with the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. I print out a picture of Malkia for the students and we glue on a little sign that says, "I love Malkia!" This year, I had an extra surprise! We have been excited to get to know a little rhino that was found stuck in the mud when she was only two days old. After extensive efforts to have her mother accept her had failed, the keepers at the DSWT decided to bring her back to the orphanage to care for her. We've watched videos of this sassy little baby running around, chasing and charging the keepers, learning how to take a mud math and feed from a bottle. It didn't take long for all of us to fall in love with her! She is absolutely adorable! It was an easy decision to add her to our 3C Family so we also adopted Maarifa! The kids were over the moon! At one point someone made the connection between their Christmas concert song lyrics and the reality of the situation and exclaimed, "We ACTUALLY got a RHINO for CHRISTMAS!" Cheers filled our classroom and tears filled my eyes for how happy they all were!

They proudly took their picture frames down to music to share with Mrs. Stanski, cheering, "We got a rhino for Christmas!" Mrs. Stanski instantly shared their enthusiasm and organized them to sing a little diddy! 






Our Wyett was super sweet and quick to point out that we didn't include Malkia in the song! 
Maybe we should have sang, "I got a rhino....and an elephant, for a present!"

 I wanted to thank you, in advance, for your generosity with the overwhelming number of Christmas gifts. I explained to the students that I will open them on Christmas morning, with my family, because I love to have a little piece of my 3C family with me on Christmas morning. 

 Wishing all of our 3C families the merriest of Christmas wishes! I hope that the holidays find you surrounded by friends, family, love and laughter. All the best to all of you in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2, 2020

Hello 3C parents,  Last week was a busy week. We had skating, Random Acts of Kindness Week, Pink Shirt Day, an assembly presentation and ou...